Welcome to my website and creative work. Right now, I'm working on:
- A concert-length work for double choir and jazz-influenced instrumental ensemble based on the Tao te Ching.
- A choral work based on Hildegard Von Bingen's "O Virtus Sapientiae," using a process I call pre-compose/re-compose, in which I write vignettes for choral singers, record the vignettes, and then make an assemblage composition from the recorded vignettes.
- Early sketches for my second symphony.
- A new work for alto flute and piano.
- ... and an EP of songs with Ryan Innes (from The Voice) and a collection of essays, which I routinely read at bookstores.
I'm also celebrating a spate of recent performances across the US, Finland, the Netherlands, and Australia; and a King's Singers New Music Prize (Juried Special Commendation), Ensemble Altera Composition Prize (Honorable Mention), and Raymond C. Warren Composition Prize.
Below are a few things for you to listen to, I hope you enjoy them. Please sign up for my newsletter (at the bottom of the page) and stay in touch.